Attractions around Broken Hill
When it’s time for you to explore Broken Hill and the area, there are so many things to see and do.
- Visit the first Regional Art Gallery in Australia.
- See as many of the 30+ other art galleries as you can.
- Join a personally guided walking tour from the Visitor Information Centre
- Learn about the local history and geological history at one of the many centres and museums.
- View The Big Picture and buy jewellery made from Broken Hill-mined silver
- Choose between a spider and a milkshake at a genuine 1950’s iconic milk bar where they even make their own syrups and cordials.
- Study the many outstanding heritage buildings which have been listed by the National Trust.
- Be intrigued by the use of corrugated iron in the houses around town.
- Eavesdrop on lessons at the School of the Air
- Pay a visit to the Royal Flying Doctor base
- Watch the sun set at the Sculptures or check out the curvature of the earth at Mundi Mundi lookout.
- Practise your photographic skills or paint or draw what you see and feel
- Play two-up at a local club
- Go for a camel ride
- Check out Silverton
- Take a tour down a silver mine
- Deliver the mail on the bush mail tour
- Explore one of the three nearby National Parks
- Join a tour around town or into the surrounding areas
The list just goes on and on!
© The Imperial Fine Accommodation - 88 Oxide Street Broken Hill NSW,2880 - Ph: 08 8087 7444
© Simon Bayliss 2007-2019
Site by Red Dust and Snow and Snow